The Fairyvision Song Contest 2019!
It's that super-special magical time of year again - The Fairyvision Song Contest!
As many of you know, lots and lots of humans all around the world enjoy the Eurovision Song Contest every year. If you're not familiar with it, each participating
country in Europe sends a song that they hope the rest of Europe will like - and vote for! Fairies love music, so once upon a time they decided to
stage their own version of the Eurovision, and so the Fairyvision Song Contest was born!
Originally, fairies wrote their own songs, and some of the previous fairy-written winners include songs like 'Fly On The Wings Of Love’, ‘Fairy Nice To
Meet You’ and ‘A Fairy’s Work Is Never Done (Tum-Tiddly-Yum-Tum-Tum)’. A few years ago, Queen Kate and the International Fairy Council decided to invite
humans to write a song for their fairy. This has been a huge success, so we are delighted to tell you that once again your fairy needs YOU
to write them a song for them to perform on the night of the Fairyvision, which this year will be May 19th!
If you would like to submit a song for your fairy, all you need to do is make one up and send us a video of you singing it! You can do this by sending
it via our Facebook page (just search for The Irish Fairy Door Company and you'll find us!) either as a post or private message or you can email it
to firstname.lastname@example.org. All entries must be submitted by Friday 17th May. Remember to include the song title, the fairy's
name and your first name and what country you live in - please bear in mind, we will be sharing some of our favourite entries! :)
- Songs MUST be original compositions written by each fairy's human! Please do not submit any songs that already exist as these will be ineligible.
- Musical accompaniment is optional. If you would like to include an instrument, you may, but just you singing is absolutely fine too!
- Your song should be at least 30 seconds long but can be as long as you like after that! Bear in mind, the more lyrics there are the more challenging
it will be for your fairy to learn.
- Once you have written and submitted your song, you need to teach it to your fairy so please spend some time singing it into your fairy door so they
can learn it. Once or twice a day in the run-up to the competition would be ideal - please agree a time with your fairy via a note.
- All fairies whose humans submit a song will be performing LIVE in Fairy Valley on Sunday May 19th, the day after the Eurovision Song Contest Final.
All participating fairies should be in Fairy Valley on the morning of Saturday May 18th for rehearsals, and can rest assured that there will be
a screening of the Eurovision Song Contest on Mushroom Mound that evening.
- The winner will be announced on our Facebook page and in the following Friday email once it has been decided. Exciting!
Good luck to all participating humans and fairies!